Elementor is the most popular WordPress plugin with over 4 million active installations. If you’re looking for a drag and drop editor to customize your site, Elementor can be a great choice. Read our in-depth review to find its features, tutorial, pros, cons etc.
Are you searching for a WordPress page builder? Looking for an in-depth Elementor review along with its features, pros and cons? You’re in the right place.
Did you know that over 1.7% of websites worldwide are built with Elementor?
With over 4 million active installs on WordPress sites, Elementor is the leading page builder plugin for WordPress sites.
What is Elementor?
Elementor is a free WordPress page builder which helps you create amazing websites using WordPress.
You need a WordPress theme to work along with the Elementor plugin. Almost every WordPress theme works well with Elementor.
When it comes to WordPress page builders, there are a lot of options available including;
- Beaver Builder
- Elementor Page Builder
- Thrive Architect Page Builder
- Divi Builder
When you have so many options, why choose Elementor over other page builders? Let’s find it out in this detailed Elementor review.
Table of Contents
Elementor Review – Is Elementor Pro Worth It?
Features of Elementor
Here are some of the excellent features offered by Elementor plugin which help you build amazing websites easily.
- Access to the #1 Drag & Drop Page Builder (yes, you can drag and drop elements and no HTML skills required)
- Access to a Ton of Widgets
- Access to Over 300 Pro Templates
- Access to Theme Builder (which you can use to design your entire site however you want from blog posts to footer to the sidebar)
- Access to Popup Builder
(so you don’t have to install any 3rd party popup plugins or tools!)
- Access to Visual Form Builder (so you don’t need any other plugins to create appealing contact forms)
- Access to WooCommerce Builder (if you’re running a WooCommerce site, this one’s a gift for you!)
- Access to 24/7 Premium Support
- Access to Price Table & Price List (extremely useful for affiliate marketers or course sellers)
- Access to Design 404 Pages
- Access to Design Header & Footer
- Access to Custom Field Integration And Interactive Carousels
- Access to Role Manager, Custom Fonts and Sticky Elements
That means, with the help of Elementor, you can build anything from landing pages to custom 404 pages, appealing popups and so on.
So do you want to give it a try?
Top 5 Benefits of Using Elementor
Before discussing the awesome benefits of using the Elementor plugin, let’s quickly talk about the background of this plugin.
About Elementor Plugin
Launched in 2016, Elementor has quickly become one of the most downloaded plugins in WordPress history. Over 4 million websites are currently using this plugin and it has a 4.9 star rating with over 5000 reviews at WordPress.org.
Not only that, Elementor’s reach now extends to more than 180 countries and many influential bloggers are now using the Elementor plugin to customize their sites.
Enough said! Let’s now dive into the details and discuss the benefits of using this #1 WordPress page builder plugin.
1. Easy to Use Drag & Drop Editor for WordPress
One of the major reasons over 4 million people are using the Elementor plugin is because of its editor. It’s an excellent drag and drop editor for WordPress sites and it also offers a live editing feature.
Here’s how the main interface of Elementor looks like;
As you can see above, it offers “elements” (can be also considered as widgets) which you can drag and drop into their editor to make any kind of customizations you need.
There are basically 3 sections you’ll find in their editor which are listed below.
- Content area (where you can drag and drop any widget aka element that’s needed)
- Elements area (these are the widgets that you need to design your page)
- Settings (you can preview your design on different devices, undo your changes etc)
The best part of using the Elementor builder is that it offers you a live editing feature so you can see the live version of each element while styling it.
Once you drag the elements, it offers you plenty of customizations you need. You can change the text color, play with other color options, typography etc.
Here’s how it looks like;
In fact, Elementor currently offers you over 80 powerful elements (aka widgets) that you can use to design your site as you like.
What if you accidentally close your browser or Wifi connection goes offline while working on the Elementor page builder?
It’s not at all a problem as it saves everything for you automatically as it offers some helpful autosave features which are listed below.
- Revision History (whenever update a page, a new revision is created, so you can always go back to make necessary changes)
- Auto Save, Redo & Undo (since your work is automatically saved, you can quickly undo if you make a mistake with just one click)
- Edit in Draft Mode (you can also work your draft, while keeping a separately published version on the live site)
Above all, you can save all the elements you create in Elementor, then reuse them on other pages.
Important: If you’re just getting started with Elementor, we highly recommend you watch this quick video from Elementor team. Also, make sure to subscribe to their YouTube channel to learn more tutorials on how to work with their page builder.
2. Build Your Own Themes With Elementor Theme Builder
We know there are thousands of WordPress themes out there (ranging from free to premium themes). Most WordPress themes would require knowledge of PHP and CSS. That’s the reason why most people won’t be able to make many changes at the design level.
Here’s where theme builders come into play. Fortunately Elementor Pro offers a theme builder which lets you customize almost anything on your WordPress site. Elementor free version doesn’t offer all those functionalities, so Pro is a better choice.
Their theme builder lets you customize anything on your site without coding skills as it offers you a drag and drop editor.
From pages to the header section, footer and archive pages, you can pick any template you want to and customize your site.
Want to add a new logo to your site? Just create a logo and drop it in the header section. Want to change your footer section completely? Add the necessary elements that you need and you’re done.
That’s how easy it is. Basically, Elementor Theme Builder gives you unlimited choices to design and customize your site from header to footer to single pages.
3. Create Amazing WordPress Popups
If used right, popups can work like a charm to boost your website conversions. No matter whether you want to grow your sales, email subscribers or leads, you can use popups to quickly grow your conversions.
But creating popups is not easy until recently (as you either had to use expensive plugins or tools). Now, you can use Elementor Pro to create WordPress popups.
Want to create unlimited popups on your WordPress site? You can try WordPress popup builder from Elementor Pro as it lets you design any number of popups you want on your site.
If you’re a beginner, you can use their pre-made designs as they currently have over 100 beautifully designed popup templates you can use to design WordPress popups to increase your website conversions.
What type of popups can you show on your WordPress using Elementor plugin?
From email subscriptions to exit intent popups, you can use the Elementor WordPress popup builder to show various things which are listed below.
- Countdown timer popups
- Promotion & Sale Banners
(if you’re running a sale or special offers, these pop ups can help)
- Lead Capture (you can easily boost your conversion rate by creating smart popups)
- Content Lock & Upgrades
(you can reveal your premium content to users who opted in)
- Announcements (you can notify visitors about maintenance, news or updates etc)
- Exit Intent (these pop ups trigger when your website visitors are just about to leave your site)
- Welcome Mat (you can show full-screen welcome popups that your visitors see the second they visit your site)
- Related Products & Upsells (you can get more sales by creating popups that display related WooCommerce products)
4. Create Your Own Online Store With WooCommerce Builder
Do you want to create your own online store? Don’t know how to code? No problem.
With Elementor WooCommerce Builder, you can easily create your eCommerce store to sell products and it also offers page templates to customize your store however you want.
Here is the breakdown of all the parts that are included in a regular WooCommerce product page (including widgets).
As you can see above, from menu cart to product description and related products, you can create your own online store without coding.
5. Access to Over 150 Responsive Templates
Another big reason to use the Elementor Pro plugin is that it gives you access to a ton of beautifully designed templates.
There are currently over 150 gorgeous templates designed by expert web developers offered by Elementor. From creating a photography site to a travel blog to digital marketing agency – you can use their templates to design literally any kind of site you want.
FAQs About Elementor
Pretty much everything. It offers you a drag and drop editor which lets you customize almost every part of your site.
- You can create popups
- You can easily create email optin forms (and integrate with a ton of tools)
- You can design custom pages (including 404 error pages)
- You can create landing pages
- You can design custom footer, header etc
In a nutshell, you can replace a ton of plugins and tools such as LeadPages, exit intent popup plugins like OptinMonster, landing page builders etc if you’ve access to the Elementor Pro plugin.
Elementor free version offers you basic features that help you customize your site with a page builder. Even their free version is equipped with a ton of useful features including live editor and basic widgets to customize your site.
Elementor Pro includes the industry-leading Theme Builder, visual form widget, custom CSS, a ton of premium widgets, social media integrations, access to customer support and so on.
Can I use the Elementor page builder to create websites for clients?
Yes, you can. But you should either use their Plus or Expert plans to be able to create websites for clients. If you have a lot of clients, the best option is to choose their Expert plan as it allows you to create up to 1000 sites. It costs you $199 per year.
If you’re already using the Elementor free version and wondering about what happens to those pages that are created with the free plugin, don’t worry. You won’t lose anything.
Why? Simply because Elementor Pro is an extension of Elementor plugin. That means, even after you upgrade to the Pro version, you can still continue making changes without any hassle. If you’re planning to use Elementor, we recommend you to go for their Pro version as you can leverage so many functionalities from day 1.
So what will happen if you deactivate the Elementor plugin from your WordPress site? If you deactivate or delete Elementor, your site will be unable to display the elements you created with it (such as popups, landing pages etc).
No, they currently do not offer any demo version of Elementor Pro or free trials. However, you can use their free version to customize your sites. Although their free version gives you basic functionalities but still many people use it while getting started.
Also, they offer you a 30-day refund policy which lets you cancel your purchase and gets a refund during the first 30 days after signing up. So you can try it for a month and if you don’t feel it’s right for you, you can ask for a refund. You got nothing to lose.